Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wasting Time

The theme for this Wasting Time is art. Big Ell has wasted tons of hours over the years looking at all sorts of art. It all began when my dad would drag me to every art gallery in Calgary and in LA. God, did I ever hate that. Imagine being eight and in LA and being forced to spend hours in MOCA when you could be at Disneyland or Universal Studios. I gradually stopped hating art galleries and now genuinely love visiting them. Here are a couple of cool sites I found showcasing some cool art.

Graffiti is always cool, if I made art it would like this. This is an excellent collection from smashing magazine.
When I was a kid I loved lego. I didn't have much but my neighbors had tons so I played with theirs. It was tons of fun, I could make space ships and give the older neighbour boy the finger when he pissed me off. Here is a piece from portfolio.com of some super duper Lego Artist.

Here are some interesting environmental/political pieces by American artist/photographer Chris Jordan. Definitely very cool. This piece is called Plastic Bottles which depicts two million plastic beverage bottles, the number used in the US every five minutes. Make sure to clikc on the title to see more images.

1 comment:

Rye said...

I used the chris jordan waste art images in a grade 6 class on visualizing. neat stuff.